Queensland’s Indigenous art and culture shines its light bright on the world
Address: Cairns, Queensland, Australia
Date: 21 - 23 August 2020
Call: 07 42526312
Cairns Indigenous Art Fair’s Undercurrents physical exhibition at the Tanks Art Centre is open until 30 August. The event’s virtual galleries remain open at www.2020.ciaf.com.au until 13 September 2020, extending an opportunity for the general public to support QLD artists through art sales.
Highlights: Friday 21 August 2020
Today’s highlights include the final in a series of three CIAF Conversations about Queensland’s Indigenous Fashion at 2.30 pm leading into tonight’s very special fashion performance showcasing Far North Queensland’s stunning landscapes, Water is Sacred from 7pm.
Highlights: Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 August 2020
Tomorrow evening, the best and brightest Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and art centres will be recognised at the annual CIAF Art Awards (hosted by Elaine Crombie) Saturday 22 August from 7pm before the closing ceremony from 2pm hosted by Aaron Fa’aoso (announcing the People’s Choice Art Award) and finale’ concert from 3pm featuring the powerful sounds of Wilma Reading, Barry Cedric, Moses Warasum, Mau Power, 3-M Pride and Naomi Wenitong.
CIAF 2020 Digital Facts and Stats
• CIAF’s 2020 first and most watched video was Opening Night, now at 10,681 Views.
• CIAF’s 2020 second most watched video was Tuesday’s Climate Change Symposium, now at 5079 Views.
• Online Facebook engagement from the UK, USA, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Bangladesh, Philippines, Thailand, Italy, India, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, South Africa, Vanuatu, Taiwan, Slovenia, Barbados, Norway, Nigeria, Finland, Papua New Guinea, Hong Kong, Ecuador, Poland, Singapore, Indonesia, Netherlands, Switzerland and Mexico.
• ‘Water Is Sacred’ will be airing (Facebook crosspost) on NITV and Cocktail Revolution Facebook Page, on Friday 21 at 7pm.
• Shining a spotlight on our Queensland Indigenous communities, with segments being filmed in; Torres Strait Island communities, Cairns, Kuranda, Yarrabah, Hope vale, Pormpuraaw and Wujal Wujal.