Missed out on the shortlist for Pitch iview? There’s still five spots up for grabs so get a move on! Deadlines close 2pm AEST Saturday 1 July. @MelbWebFest @ABCiview @Library_Vic #MelbWebFest #Wildcardiview
Missed out on the shortlist for Pitch iview? There’s still five spots up for grabs so get a move on!
Wildcard entries are now open for Pitch iview, our live pitching comp in partnership with ABC iview. Submit your original web series idea based on the theme ‘Everyone’s Invited’ via Facebook using #Wildcardiview. The winner will be awarded $5000 toward script development, a trip to Marseille WebFest and a chance to develop your series with ABC iview.
Five wildcard entries will be announced at the Pitch iview event on Saturday 1 July at the Village Roadshow Theatrette, State Library of Victoria. Selected pitches will get two minutes on stage to pitch alongside our 15 shortlisted finalists, in front of a live audience and our panel of expert judges.
Pitches will be judged on script potential, creativity and audience reaction by a panel of judges, which will consist of Sally O’Donoghue (Manager, ABC iview), Brett Sleigh (Executive Producer ABC TV Fiction), Imogen Banks (Producer, Endemol Shine), Alicia Brown (Development and Investment Manager, Film Victoria) and Christopher Leone (LA based filmmaker). The event will be MC’ed by Maria Angelico (Footballer Wants a Wife, Movement).
Got a great idea for a web series? Here’s how you can be a Pitch iview wildcard:
- Submissions are FREE, and you can post multiple entries
- Post your (50 words or less) pitch based on the theme ‘Everyone’s Invited’ via Facebook tagging @MelbourneWebFest, and include the hashtag #Wildcardiview.
- Please note that unless your post is public for viewing, your pitch will not be considered.
- Pitches should fit within fictional genres. Pitches for children’s and factual content are not eligible for the competition.
- Deadline for submissions is 2pm AEST Saturday 1 July.
- The selected wildcard entries will have two minutes on stage during Pitch iview on 1 July to pitch their idea and impress the judges and the audience.
- Full terms and conditions can be found at: http://www.melbournewebfest.com/pitch-iview-2017/
- You will need a screening pass or festival pass for entry to the pitching comp. Get tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/melbourne-webfest-2017-tickets-34414717346?aff=es2