one hundredth gallery - a callout to all artists and curators
Address: 49 porter street prahran
Time: open: friday - sunday 11am - 6pm
In order to do this, I need to find some like-minded people (artists and curators) to run one hundredth gallery [prahran] as their own.
To keep in line with our inherent philosophy of launching the careers of aspiring and emerging artists and curators, one hundredth gallery is not looking to employ people; rather we are looking to lease the gallery to a group of up to 10 artists and/or curators.
My aim is to hand the gallery over on (or before) 1 January 2013 so that I can get moving on the next one hundredth venture. In order to proceed, I need at least 7 artists/curators to sign up.
If you’re interested in taking control of one hundredth gallery [prahran], as well as control of the sales of your own artwork, and of your artistic careers, then please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0413 00 1234 for a (confidential) chat.
Expressions of interest close at 6.00pm on 30 September 2012; however please don’t leave it to the last minute as I will be signing people up on a ‘first come, first served’ basis between now and then.
What’s it going to cost?
- each artist or curator will be charged $110 per week, or $478 per month (inc. GST)
- there will be no commission on sales
What’s the catch?
- the name one hundredth gallery needs to stay
- provision must be made for exhibiting aspiring and emerging artists (outside of the group) for at least 10 weeks per year. This will generate income of around $15,000 for the group.
- the gallery is open a minimum of Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays
- the group will determine how and when the space is used by the group
The lease includes the business, premises, two underground car parks, all fixtures and fittings including the lighting and hanging system, as well as outgoings such as council rates, water rates, and owners’ corporation fees. Most commercial leases do not include these things.
The successful artists and curators will be responsible for the lease payments and the electricity bill (if fewer than 10 people take the space). Lease terms will be 1 or 2 years with an option to renew depending upon all of our circumstances; and we’ll run the agreement through a licensed real estate agent.