Music Victoria announce 2019 ‘Advocate, Support, Create’ Membership Drive including new member benefits, prizes and more!
For close to 10 years, Music Victoria has been representing musicians, venues, music businesses, professionals, and music lovers across the contemporary Victorian music community, providing support and advocacy, all while celebrating and promoting the state’s music sector. As the state’s peak contemporary music service organisation, Music Victoria has something to offer everyone in the music community.
As Music Victoria has expanded the scope of its servicing, it has introduced new membership categories including Sound Engineer/Producers, Music Industry Professionals and a Free Under 18’s Membership. These new changes allow a broader range of professionals free access to the workshops and professional development series, and enjoy the benefits of the discounts.
Music Victoria has brought on a raft of new discounting partners this year that cover the spectrum of the industry, from food and beverage, to merch, freight, acoustic reports, Auslan services, record stores, guitar repairs and green screen filming.
All new or renewing members who sign up throughout the Drive will automatically go in the running to win prize packs tailored towards each member’s needs.
Renewing members will also receive a Music Victoria re-usable shopping bag, featuring their new #advocatesupportcelebrate illustrations by local artist Stacy Gougoulis.
Music Victoria continues to offer high level professional development services including ‘Cultivate’, the first of its kind all-female Leadership program, the Live Music Professionals coaching program for the State Government and its (free-for-industry-members) Professional Development Program with a focus on Venue Workshops, Mental Health, Pitching to Radio & Budgeting. It also provides a discount to the Changes Music Summit and Brisbane’s BIGSOUND Conference.
The Victorian music scene is the envy of the nation, and many of its programs and ideas are being adopted around Australia and the world. This can be attributed to supportive local and state governments, and the role Music Victoria plays behind the scenes representing the industry’s best interests.
Music Victoria continues to nurture and advocate for the vibrant live music scene and help grow and build sustainable careers for musicians and industry professionals, while still giving die hard music fans more opportunities to see and enjoy live music across the whole state.
While Melbourne can now claim the mantle as Live Music Capital of the World, the Victorian Music Development Office (VMDO), which Music Victoria delivers on behalf of the State Government, is supporting Victoria’s small business, export and First Nations.
"Bad Apples Music operates to provide platforms of excellence to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists. The label appreciates the advocacy and professional development opportunities Music Vic tirelessly offer musicians, businesses and industry bodies, contributing to a supportive, thriving scene in the state." - Coko Eke, Bad Apples Music
Membership pays for itself, sign up today!
MUSIC VICTORIA ACHIEVEMENTS OVER LAST 12 MONTHS
- Hosted the international renowned Music Cities Convention – Melbourne to 330 people from around the world
- Prepared and presented White Paper - Priorities for the Victorian Music Sector to the Victorian Government to all political parties
- Partnered in the rollout of Sexual Harassment Taskforce Pilot
- Launched the Victorian Music Development Office (VMDO)
- Launched the new women in Leadership program – Cultivate
- Curated, presented, hosted or partnered in over 30 professional development workshops, masterclasses or networking events with approximately 1,100 attendees
- 23 matched funding grants to Victorian live music venues as part of the Good Music Neighbours and Acoustic Assessment programs, under the Victorian Government’s Music Works initiative
- 27 awards handed out at the 13th annual The Age Music Victoria Awards & secured $26,000 in new cash prizes for Awards winners
- 20 promoters and live music venue representatives participated in the Live Music Professionals program
ADVOCATE, SUPPORT, CELEBRATE: MUSIC VICTORIA MEMBERSHIP DRIVE 2019Monday 8 April - Thursday 18 April
Friday 3 May: Members have up until this date to pay up
Wednesday 8 May: Prizes drawn
Full list of Membership Drive prizes at musicvictoria.com.au.