Jewellery Fabrication Techniques – One Day Workshop
Experiment and sample with copper or brass before using these new skills to make a sterling silver piece of jewellery.
Students will work from a basic template that can be modified to reflect their own creative style. All tools provided, however there is a $25 material fee.
What you’ll learn:• Saw Piercing – How to cut metal using professional jewellery saw frames and blades.
• Texturing and Stamping – you’ll have fun learning a couple of ways to texture your jewellery, or stamp with letters
• Soldering – You’ll learn how to anneal your metal and solder the metal together
• Cold Joining – how to join different materials together
• Finishing – learn how to file and emery your jewellery to bring it to your desired finish
• Patination – A special blackening compound can be used to highlight areas of your design on your jewellery