Inner west bathed in light for the 2019 West Projections Festival
Date: 9 - 18 August
Time: 6pm - 10pm
Ticket: Free - $10
Buy / Ticket: www.westprojections.com
In its sixth year, the West Projections Festival will feature 40 artists across 38 locations. Take a self-guided tour of the projection sites between 6pm – 10pm, Friday 9 – Sunday 18 August, or select a unique experience from the expansive public program, including curated guided tours, performances and family events.
- Guided walks through the backyards, streets and alleyways of neighbours, hosted by passionate local residents
- Be invited into the homes of artists, including a family of film makers who will transform their interior
- Experience a live rap session at Counterweight Vinyl from the vantage point of Chambers Lane
- Be transfixed by performances with Isabella Gilbert and Stephanie Harrison
- Dance the afternoon away with the return of the family-friendly dance party at Footscray Community Arts Centre
‘Home’ is this year’s theme. The artists involved have investigated their sense of place and their own definition of home using the inner west as their eclectic canvas.
Home can be a place, a safe place, a house, apartment or other shelter. What makes a home? We share homes with families, lovers, friends and strangers. It can be a place of retreat and sanctuary or of shift and transition. Home is temporary for some and permanent for others. Domestic confines or domestic bliss. It can be a positive or negative space.
The Festival will be officially launched at VU at MetroWest, 138 Nicholson Street, Footscray on Friday 9 August from 6:30 – 8:30pm with immersive interior projections, performances and music.