Guten Tag! Redbubble launches German website
Redbubble is expanding further by launching a German website. German customers are now able to explore Redbubble's indie art offerings and products in their native language. This will also enhance the experience of German artists by enabling them to better connect with their local audience and community. @redbubble #redbubble
- The German language site was launched on 7 March 2016 and the Redbubble team is already seeing improved results from the site.
- The launch is a continuation of Redbubble's mission to be the largest global marketplace for independent artists, bringing more creativity into the world
- Over the past 2 years, Redbubble has been setting up supplier relationships in Europe and has seen significant interest in Redbubble amongst German, French and other European artists and customers. The local suppliers allow Redbubble to provide fast shipping for most of its products in the UK and Western Europe
- In 2015, Germany contributed over $2.75M in art sales despite having to find Redbubble in English. The German language site has already demonstrated an improved experience for Germans that Redbubble expects will translate into stronger growth
- Redbubble's near term plans are to expand their language coverage to include French and Spanish!
- Redbubble has a team of 8 people (staff and contractors) in Europe already. They work remotely and are based in London, Paris, Barcelona, Majorca and Berlin. This will continue to grow and Redbubble plans to open an office in the region in either late 2016 or early 2017
- Critical to Redbubble's success is the growth of Redbubble's German artists, who will bring a whole new perspective to the community and provide German customers with locally themed art.
Some of the top Redbubble German artists include (but are definitely note limited to!):
- Daniel Coulmann
- Judith Loske
Redbubble in numbers:
- 350,000 Artists from 186 countries
- 13,000.000 art works
- Over 50,000 selling artists
- More than 1,000,000 customers every year from 199 countries
- More than 4,000 active artists in Germany
- More than 200,000 works uploaded by German artists
- More than 350,000 original products shipped to Germany already