Figurative Sculpture in Clay with Ingrid Morley
After initial warm up exercises, students touch on central aspects of classical figurative sculpture to further their individual investigations – proportion, composition, rhythm, negative space, weights and balances and the influence of light.
Students will learn the technical aspects of working with clay - texture and tools and methods of finishing a work in clay will be discussed.
The course is designed for beginners to advanced students. Numbers are limited.
- working with a model to find a composition
- collating 3D information
- using light as a tool
- modelling in clay from life using additive and reductive techniques
- using clay modelling tools
- applying different forms of texture
- developing problem solving skills for 3D
What to bring
- closed shoes
- note book for your records, sketches and information
- box with a good base to take your clay work home
What we provide
- melanine board
- clay (terracotta hand building from Blackwattle )
- modelling tools
Basic kitchen facilities are available, tea and coffee is provided, local cafes are a short walk away.
Sunday 3 February 2019
10:00am - 4:30pm