DIY Marketing Masterclass for Creatives
Do you work from home? Are you a creative business owner or independent artist? Do you freelance? Are you an aspiring arts manager?
The creative industries is a tough world. How do we navigate the arts in way where we can build sustainable independent creative practices? Sometimes a little self-marketing can be a BIG help but this can be a scary prospect! With a few simple steps, it’s totally achievable.
This is an introductory workshop that will delve into:
- how to build a community of supporters, customers and participants for your art, brand, work;
- how to you engage your audience;
- how to market your creative practice on a shoestring budget.
- How to find your audience;
- Websites: how do you make your own and maintain it OR if you have one already how it can be improved;
- Pricing: How do I find my price point?, How much should I charge per hour?;
- Facebook – pages, groups, posts and events. How are they different? How do I reach my audience?;
- Instagram & Newsletters: we’ll take a look at the Mailchimp platform;
- How to Write a Media Release and find the contacts to send it to;
- DIY Events/ Workshops Promo;
- Design & Photography tips for your profile photos, marketing, fliers & social media;
- The possibilities of crowdfunding.
- knowledge, handouts & resource lists;
- get behind the scenes to see how an independent arts business does it;
- meet other Melbourne creatives!
This Colour Box Studio Masterclass has a maximum of five participants so that you will receive a quality workshop experience. Participants will complete a survey before attending the workshop so that it can best serve the needs of attendees.