Cold Irons Bound
Address: Sydney Road, Brunswick, Victoria 3056
Cold Irons Bound honed their set on Melbourne’s stages for a couple of years, then hit Captain B Studios with Brooke Penrose (Saint Jude).
Think a mix of Americana (Tom Petty, Black Crowes, The Allman Brothers Band) and classic indie rock (The Replacements, Teenage Fanclub).
Although antipodean to their bootstraps, their tales of broken suburban dreams share a haunted sensibility with those made infamous by acts from the American Midwest and northern UK.
But it ain't all death 'n' taxes.
Cold Irons Bound’s songs are also about wrapping your arms around a friend you haven't seen in way too long.
They’re about getting older, getting over it, and never forgetting why you fell in love with rock'n'roll in the first place.
Self titled debut album out 14/10. Available at......
- Basement Discs (Melbourne CBD)
- Rocksteady Records (Melbourne CBD)
- Off The Hip Records (Melbourne CBD)
- Greville Records (Prahran)
- Polyster Records (Fitzroy)
- Strange World Records (Fitzroy)
- Landspeed Records (Canberra)
- Bandcamp - https://coldironsbound.bandcamp.com/album/cold-irons-bound
- iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/…/al…/cold-irons-bound/id1157878233
- Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/5DJLg5ULEnQ5u2GzTHvCpW
- Apple Music
- Google Play Music