Melbourne’s internationally acclaimed Australian Chamber Choir presents A London Coronation, a majestic concert celebrating the 65th anniversary of HM Queen Elizabeth II’s accession to the throne with the magnificent music that helped make her coronation remarkable.
The program is a treasury of English choral music from the last five centuries with compositions from William Byrd and Orlando Gibbons through to Charles Villiers Stanford, Herbert Howells, R. Vaughan Williams and William Walton.
A London Coronation Program:
- George Frederic Handel (1685–1757) Zadok the Priest
- Charles Hubert Parry (1848–1918) I was Glad
- Orlando Gibbons (1583–1625) O clap your hands
- William Byrd (c.1539–1623) I will not leave you comfortless
- Herbert Howells (1892–1983) Behold, O God
- R. Vaughan Williams (1872–1958) Sanctus, O taste and see
- William Walton (1902–83) Te Deum Laudamus
- Charles Villiers Stanford (1852–1924) Gloria in Excelsis
The ACC is the only Australian choir with a regular international touring program. During its first ten years, the choir has averaged ten engagements per year in Europe with concerts in Germany, Denmark, Poland, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and France. Established by Douglas Lawrence and his wife, Elizabeth Anderson in 2007, the choir has performed widely throughout Victoria and sung in Sydney, regional NSW and Canberra.
Both in Australia and in Europe, they have attracted the praise of audiences and critics alike: “quite simply phenomenal” Guido Krawinkel, General-Anzeiger Bonn, Germany; “Australian Choir in Super League” Hans Krarup, Dagbladet Ringsted, Denmark “flawless intonation, impeccable blend … an exceptional concert” Martin Duffy, Sydney Morning Herald.