A Crafted History People and Place
Artists Penelope Aitken, Anna Farago, Siri Hayes, Sophie Xeros-Constantinides and Elvis Richardson have worked across the local Maroondah area to create a richly varied series of work for A Crafted History. Their explorations and collaborations have included:
- a weaving project between Siri Hayes and students from the Rudolf Steiner School in Warranwood
- Penelope Aitken’s hunt with Botanist Graeme Lorimer for the endangered Swamp Everlasting flower
- a quilt by Anna Farago and Maroondah Handicrafts Inc which incorporates natural dyes from local plants and denim from local op shops
- a creative painting workshop by Sophia Xeros-Constantinides with new mothers from Maroondah challenged by their experiences of birth and post birth
- a call by Elvis Richardson to the local community, inviting them to donate discarded video tapes which she has used in a VHS sculpture representing the collective video memories of the Maroondah community.