2016 Winners Announced - Cliftons Asia Pacific Art Prize Competition
Entries in the 2016 Art Prize closed on 31st July, with the competition attracting over 640 pieces of artwork.
The 2016 winners are as follows;
- Overall International Winner (from Singapore) - Cai Xiang Loi "Seeing Dusk Again"
- Adelaide Local Winner - Sarah Fairbanks "Winter Blue"
- Auckland Local Winner - Liam Gerrard “Death Don't Love Me Anymore (after Julia Margaret Cameron)”
- Brisbane Local Winner - Anne-Marie Zanetti "What Lies Beneath"
- Canberra Local Winner - Kayannie Denigan " Ngalayin mayi, nukal!"
- Hong Kong Local Winner - KiKa Ng “Hong Kong Old Tenement Buildings”
- Melbourne Local Winner - Jacqui Grantford "Ashley"
- Perth Local Winner - Melinda Ison-Poor " Immersion"
- Sydney Local Winner - Michael Simms “Transcendence”
- Wellington Local Winner - Lee Robinson "One oak chair"
The annual art competition supports local artists and encourages corporate patronage of the arts across Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore. Since 2001, the Cliftons Art Prize has provided established and emerging artists across Asia Pacific the opportunity to receive international exposure via Cliftons’ broad network of corporate event venues. In addition, one winner at each of Cliftons ten venues are awarded AUD$2,000 and the overall Cliftons Art Prize winner awarded AUD$10,000 in prize money.